Business Development Representative
May 5, 2022
Click here for a PDF version of the job posting.
The Position & Ideal Candidate:
The Business Development Representative is an important member of the Engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Operations & Engagement, you will work cross-functionally with the Chamber team to build and retain relationships with member organizations and increase membership sales.
You are an ambitious and energetic individual with excellent communication and presentation skills. You are ready to play a key role in executing the organization’s growth and retention strategies to ensure members enjoy a high-quality customer experience throughout every step of their membership journey. You have at least 3 years of sales / business development experience and you thrive in a fast-paced, goal driven and solutions-based environment that has defined targets and deadlines. You are energized by meeting new people, networking, facilitating introductions, and forging strong relationships with members of the community to grow the organization. This is a full-time position.
- Lead all membership sales and retention tasks, guided by KPIs and targets.
- Cleary communicate membership value to current and prospective members through presentations, meetings, phone calls, and sales pitches.
- Develop ways to improve the member experience and build brand loyalty.
- Work with members and prospective members to understand their business needs, goals, challenges – and assist with solutions where possible.
- Promote and champion all member benefits and identify new member benefits.
- Lead the organization’s member programming.
- Assist with selling sponsorships and advertising.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of sales / business development experience.
- Strong ability to create and maintain relationships to support member engagement, growth, and retention.
- Respond urgently to incoming opportunities via phone and email.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting sales goals, targets, and deadlines.
- Ability to be a champion of the Chamber and clearly articulate offerings.
- Proactive thinker with the ability to have strategic conversations and problem solve.
- Strong business acumen.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- A diploma or degree in marketing, sales, business, or relevant work experience.
The Chamber team is currently working a hybrid model, splitting time in the office and working remotely. The Chamber’s hours of operation typically take place Monday-Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This position sometimes requires work outside of these dates/times to support the organization’s event and programming schedule.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
Compensation: Base salary plus commission.
Application Process: The job will be posted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Amanda Henry, Director of Operations & Engagement at email@example.com. While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.