Destination Marketing Lead
Jul 26, 2022
The Position & Ideal Candidate:
Reporting to the President & CEO of the Guelph Chamber, the Destination Marketing Lead will be responsible for managing the programming and marketing of Guelph’s Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT) for the purpose of promoting tourism and tourism products to increase overnight stays in the city of Guelph. This role will require ongoing collaboration with City of Guelph Tourism.
You are an experienced marketing professional who has experience and knowledge of the tourism industry. You’re a self-starter who is motivated to collaborate and build strategic relationships. You have extensive project management experience and a demonstrated track record of communicating effectively with a diverse range of individuals, stakeholders, and businesses. This is a hybrid position, working 35 hours per week (flexible working hours will be required). This is a 5-year contract position.
- Research, develop, and execute a destination brand and marketing plan for Guelph that promotes overnight stays
- Improve existing products and services that promote overnight stays to increase revenue opportunities
- Establish and coordinate a stakeholder committee to enhance Guelph’s core product offerings as identified in the City’s DestinationGUELPH report
- Develop and establish funding and grant opportunities for sports, conferences, events, and attractions
- Lead and coordinate website, social media, advertising, and marketing initiatives as it relates to promoting overnight stays
- Collaborate with City of Guelph Tourism staff and tourism stakeholders to develop and implement tools for communications and engagement
- Leverage tourism development opportunities for underrepresented groups to reflect the broader Guelph community
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to creating and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), evaluating activities, and monitoring budgets
- Prepare and execute project workplan(s)
- Monitor and analyze market trends within the tourism industry
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, preferably in tourism
- Self-motivated individual who can take ownership with limited oversight
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker who is up to date with tourism industry insights and trends
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with staff, stakeholders, and the general public
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and work under pressure
Vaccination Policy: Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
Compensation: A competitive industry salary with benefits and vacation will be offered.
Application Process: Please apply via email to email@example.com. The job will be posted until the position is filled. While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.