Manager of Operations (13 month contract)
Jan 10, 2023
The Position & Ideal Candidate:
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Manager of Operations provides oversight to the overall functioning of the organization. The Manager of Operations will lead the team cross-functionally to enhance business operations and the overall member experience. This role leads and manages 4 direct reports and 2 shared reports.
You are a process-oriented, organized, and energetic individual with at least 3-5 years of leadership and management experience. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you thrive in a fast-paced, solutions-based environment. You have critical thinking skills, and you can think proactively to ensure organizational and team success.
This is a full-time position on a 13-month contract with the opportunity for extension within the organization.
- Operationalizes the organization’s strategic plan by setting and monitoring departmental KPIs/workplans.
- Manages and oversees the activities of the direct and shared reports, including events and programming, membership, marketing and communications, and policy.
- Ensures organizational activities meet the highest practice standards and meet organizational values.
- Works collaboratively with the team to enhance the membership experience through offerings and partnerships that create value for businesses.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, identifies growth opportunities and new ideas for the organization to engage in.
- Creates organizational processes and best practices through the streamlining and systemizing of tasks and functions.
- Protects and enhances the Chamber brand and the visibility of the organization in the community.
- Enables team cohesion and team excellence.
- Responsible for preparing and tracking budgets for events, programming, communications and marketing, membership, and operations, assisting the President & CEO with budget tasks as required.
- Provides strategic planning support to the President & CEO.
- Supports crisis management and strategic communications for the organization alongside the President & CEO.
- Manages human resource functions of the organization, as directed by the President & CEO.
- Oversees funding applications and outcomes, delegating to the team as required.
- Oversees organizational administration and operations and delegates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of progressive management experience in a collaborative or cross-functional environment.
- 2+ years of experience in strategic planning.
- Ability to manage, track, and reach KPIs and targets.
- Critical and proactive thinking skills with the ability to generate solutions-based offerings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization, administrative skills, tracking, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite with experience in CRMs/databases.
- Strong ability to create and maintain internal and external relationships.
- A University degree in Communications, Business, or a related field.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Why work with us?
We are a small, hands-on team that works hard to ensure business success in our community. In addition to providing our employees with opportunities to solve complex problems, exercise their creativity, and contribute to the social and economic prosperity of our community, we offer:
- A healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunities for organizational growth and professional development.
- Low cost and comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits plan for you and your family.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off (including vacation days and bonus days).
- A friendly culture and an inclusive, welcoming environment.
- Work events and socials.
- Opportunities to get involved and make a positive difference in the Guelph community.
- Opportunities to network with thousands of professionals and thought leaders at dozens of events per year.
The Chamber team is currently working a hybrid model, splitting time in the office, and working remotely. The Chamber’s hours of operation typically take place Monday-Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This position sometimes requires work outside of these dates/times to support the organization’s event and programming schedule.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
Compensation: $64,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience.
Ideal Start Date: February 27th 2023
Application Process: The job will be posted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply via Indeed by clicking here. While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email email@example.com.