Membership Sales & Engagement Representative
Nov 29, 2022
The Position & Ideal Candidate:
The Membership Sales & Engagement Representative is an important member of the Engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work cross-functionally with the Chamber team to build and retain relationships with member organizations and increase membership sales.
You are an ambitious and energetic individual with exceptional customer service and communication skills. You are ready to play a key role in executing the organization’s growth and retention strategies to ensure members enjoy a high-quality customer experience throughout every step of their membership journey. You have at least 1 year of sales or exceptional customer service experience, and you thrive in a fast-paced, goal driven, and solutions-based environment that has defined targets and deadlines. You are energized by meeting new people, networking, facilitating introductions, and forging strong relationships with members of the community to grow the organization. This is a full-time position.
- Lead all membership sales and retention tasks, guided by KPIs (key performance indicators) and targets (including but not limited to making daily sales and retention calls/visits/touchpoints, logging details into the CRM/database, managing customer relationships, etc.).
- Cleary communicate membership value to current and prospective members through presentations, meetings, phone calls, and sales pitches.
- Develop ways to improve the member experience and build brand loyalty.
- Work with members and prospective members to understand their business needs, goals, challenges – and assist with solutions where possible.
- Promote and champion all member benefits and identify new member benefits.
- Diligently track all sales and retention conversations and outcomes in the organization’s CRM/database.
- Lead the organization’s member and cost savings programming.
- Assist with selling sponsorships and advertising.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of sales or customer service experience.
- Ability to reach KPIs and targets.
- Strong ability to create and maintain relationships to support member engagement, growth, and retention.
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills.
- Respond urgently to incoming opportunities via phone and email.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting sales goals, targets, and deadlines.
- Ability to be a champion of the Chamber and clearly articulate offerings.
- Proactive thinker with the ability to have strategic conversations and problem solve.
- Strong business acumen.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Computer savvy with experience in CRMs or databases.
- A diploma or degree in marketing, sales, business, or relevant work experience.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Why work with us?
We are a small, hands-on team that works hard to ensure business success in our community. In addition to providing our employees with opportunities to solve complex problems, exercise their creativity, and contribute to the social and economic prosperity of our community, we offer:
- A healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunities for organizational growth and professional development.
- Low cost and comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits plan for you and your family.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off (including vacation days and bonus days).
- A friendly culture and an inclusive, welcoming environment.
- Work events and socials.
- Opportunities to get involved and make a positive difference in the Guelph community.
- Opportunities to network with thousands of professionals and thought leaders at dozens of events per year.
The Chamber team is currently working a hybrid model, splitting time in the office and working remotely. The Chamber’s hours of operation typically take place Monday-Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This position sometimes requires work outside of these dates/times to support the organization’s event and programming schedule.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
Compensation: Base salary plus commissions.
Application Process: The job will be posted until the position is filled. Interested candidates can apply via Indeed. While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email email@example.com.