Export & Trade Information
Aug 1, 2020
Please note that as of August 2020, this page is not being regularly updated.
Supply chain resources:
Managing Supply Chain Risk & Disruption by Deloitte.
- This piece from Deloitte Canada highlights short-term actions companies can take to respond to business disruption and supply chain challenges from the global spread of COVID-19 ─ and looks ahead to the longer-term solution of digital supply networks.
Effective Supply Chain Management During a Crisis by Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton.
- This piece outlines the importance of a structured approach to logistics planning and organization so that your business doesn’t find itself in a tough situation.
Duties and tax:
The Federal government announced on March 27 that GST and HST taxes and duties on imports will be deferred until June.
EDC provides relief for Canadian exporters:
Starting March 24, EDC (Export Development Canada) is stepping up to help Canadian exporters by:
- Offering their bank a guarantee on loans of up to $5M so that companies can access more cash immediately (for more details, contact your financial institution directly).
- Providing timely and relevant information through our insights, tools and advice like Export Help Hub. Through a MyEDC account Canadian businesses can access free services and information.
- Cover losses for goods shipped even if the buyer has not accepted the goods, subject to terms.
- Waive the 60-day waiting period for claims.
- For more information, please click here.
Guelph Chamber's Certificate of Origin Program:
To ensure minimal disruption to your organization, we are continuing to provide CO services. Please note that we have temporarily moved to an online signing program with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. For more information, please see our dedicated Certificate of Origin webpage.
What Canadians exporters need to know:
Click here to read Export Development Canada's (EDC) FAQ document on exporting in our current climate.
Trade Commissioner Service:
Click here to read information from Canada's Trade Commissioner.