Export & Trade Information
Apr 01, 2020
Duties and tax:
The Federal government announced on March 27 that GST and HST taxes and duties on imports will be deferred until June.
EDC provides relief for Canadian exporters:
Starting March 24, EDC (Export Development Canada) is stepping up to help Canadian exporters by:
- Offering their bank a guarantee on loans of up to $5M so that companies can access more cash immediately (for more details, contact your financial institution directly).
- Providing timely and relevant information through our insights, tools and advice like Export Help Hub. Through a MyEDC account Canadian businesses can access free services and information.
- Cover losses for goods shipped even if the buyer has not accepted the goods, subject to terms.
- Waive the 60-day waiting period for claims.
- For more information, please click here.
Guelph Chamber's Certificate of Origin Program:
To ensure minimal disruption to your organization, we are still currently signing certificate of origins. Please note that CO's are only available for signature on Thursday's between 9:00am - 1:00pm. Additional cautionary measures are being put in place to ensure our staff's well-being is a priority. Please email email@example.com for more information, or to book an appointment.
What Canadians exporters need to know:
Click here to read Export Development Canada's (EDC) FAQ document on exporting in our current climate.
Trade Commissioner Service:
Click here to read information from Canada's Trade Commissioner.