Rapid Screening for Businesses
Mar 7, 2022
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is providing small to medium-sized businesses with free COVID-19 rapid screening kits.
If you are interested in participating in this program, it is important that you read ALL of the information below before completing your order form. Please note that this program requires you to agree to the terms and conditions of the program, you will have to dedicate human resource(s) to administering the program. The Ministry of Health has announced that reporting is no longer a requirement for the Rapid Screening Program.
What is this program?
- This program is part of the Provincial Antigen Screen Program (PASP) which aims to provide rapid screening as an additional safety measure to help guard against the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
What is the cost?
- There is no cost to participate in this program, however you must commit to providing at your own cost, the appropriate human resources and all equipment and supplies (other than the Screening Kits themselves) required to perform the screening.
Who can participate?
- Local businesses with 1 to 150 employees or less can participate in this program.
- This is for businesses and their employees only - businesses cannot test customers/clients/visitors and individuals cannot order kits for personal purposes.
- If your business has 150+ employees, you can order directly through the Province here.
What is required of the employer?
To participate in this program, you must:
- Agree to all of the program terms and conditions.
- Designate a representative in your organization to oversee the program (i.e. order refills, monitor your supply, etc.)
What is the screen called and how does the screening work?
- Currently, we have the BTNX Rapid Test devices.
- These screens are completed through a nasal swab that is not invasive.
Who is screened and how often?
- It is recommended that each employee is screened 2x per week.
- This program is for essential employees only, and cannot be ordered or used for personal purposes.
Who can perform the screens on employees?
- The Ontario Government authorizes “self” screening for these kits. However, each participant must watch the training video.
What happens if an employee has a positive or inconclusive result?
- Anyone who receives a positive or inconclusive result from the screening kit must immediately self-isolate and follow the province's guidelines.
What happens after I place my order?
- Once your order is placed, we will contact you via email with a pickup date and time.
- Please note that due to high demand, we may take up to 3-4+ business days to assign you a pickup date and time.
- At this time, we cannot allow you to choose from a selection of pickup dates and times. If the assigned date and time does not work for you, please arrange for someone else to pickup your order for you.
- DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE PICKUP LOCATION WITHOUT YOUR CONFIRMED PICKUP DATE AND TIME*
What happens when I arrive to pickup my order?
- All orders will be distributed for pickup at the Guelph Chamber of Commerce office and instructions will be sent to you via email.
- Please ensure you arrive on time for your pickup. Failure to arrive at your assigned pickup time will mean you won’t be able to pickup your kits and you’ll be placed at the bottom of the waiting list to be assigned a new date and time.
- Masks must be worn inside the building at all times.
- Do not enter the building if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you feel unwell.
Ready to order?
- Ensure you have read all of the information above. Remember, this is to test employees only. You cannot test customers/clients/family members/friends OR use this for individual purposes.
- Ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions here.
- Watch this video, instructing you how to perform the test (please note we will send you a follow up email with this video so you can show your employees).