In partnership with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, the Guelph Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer the services of TradeCert Canada – a simple, secure and timesaving solution to certificates of origin.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
- A certificate of origin (CO) is a document attesting that goods exported in a shipment have been wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
- COs may be requested by customs administrations, importers, freight forwarders or banks for clearance of letters of credit.
- The issuance of a CO is an important function for chambers of commerce as many countries view chambers of commerce as credible organizations and require that they authenticate documents with their stamp or seal.
How can I get a Certificate of Origin certified?
- If you are not currently a member of the Guelph Chamber and would like to take advantage of the member pricing, please contact us for more information.
- Haven't registered yet? Just three simple steps!
- Download the Letter of Waiver Form
- Scan your completed Letter of Waiver, accompanied by your company's business registration to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that the original notarized letter of waiver and manufacturer’s declaration, when applicable, will subsequently have to be mailed to: The Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Attn: Document Certification Services, 1700 – 275 Slater Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 5H9)
- Once your documents are received, we will create your company profile and email your login details.
- Important Note: If you are the manufacturer of the goods you intend to export, please send us a notarized Manufacturers Declaration, as the Chamber requires proof of origin for all goods listed on a Certificate of Origin.
- For a complete list of accepted proof of origin, please click here.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call 1-800-661-2930
TradeCert Canada Benefits:
- User-friendly - TradeCert Canada’s interface is easy to navigate.
- Efficient and Cost-effective - reduced travel time and courier costs, no need to travel to your local chamber.
- Ease of Access - just need a printer and a WIFI connection. That’s it!
- Repetitive Applications - client address book and copy features for repetitive applications.
- Multiple Document Uploads - supporting documents can be uploaded and certified.
- Security - verification website for foreign authorities.
|Document Type||Member Price - as of January 1, 2023||Non-member Price - as of January 1, 2023|
|Electronic signatures/stamps||$35 + tax||$45 + tax|
|Manual signatures/stamps||$45 + tax||$55 + tax|
|Courier fee||$30 incl. tax||$30 incl. tax|