Your Business Matters: Federal Election Pillars
Sep 8, 2021
Ontario Business Matters provides unique recommendations that will help bolster Ontario’s long-term economic future, while also addressing the impact of the pandemic and pressing issues the province currently faces through three pillars:
- Workforce Recovery and Business Competitiveness. As we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis, Ontario businesses need strategic support from the federal government to strengthen the key enablers of competitiveness, including access to interprovincial and global trade, capital and talent.
- Healthy People and Prosperous Communities. COVID-19 has exposed and amplified challenges for those who call Ontario home. To ensure an inclusive post-pandemic recovery in our province, Canada needs to invest in community well-being through reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, child care, and health care.
- Resilient Infrastructure. Infrastructure connects Ontarians to jobs, education, goods, services, and the people they love. The federal government should be a critical partner in building modern, low-carbon infrastructure to drive our economic recovery.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has made 37 complimentary recommendations to Canada’s political parties and Canadians for this election cycle in order to set Canada on a path for sustained, long-term economic growth. These policies have been developed in consultation with Chamber members across Canada. The recommendations are divided into three phases:
- Finishing the fight against COVID
- Getting the fundamentals right
- Creating 21st century opportunities
Interested in learning more about the 2021 Federal Election Platform Policies? The Canadian Chamber of Commerce's policy team has created a grid with important information on the platforms of the major parties. Last updated September 10.