Chamber Reveals New Board at 2023 AGM
Nov 17, 2023
Guelph, November 17, 2023: The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its incoming 2023-2024 Board of Directors – approved at the Chamber’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held virtually on Thursday November 16.
The Guelph Chamber’s incoming 2023 - 2024 Board of Directors are:
- Paul Dick – President of Paul Dick & Associates
- Eric Johnstone – Vice President & CFO at Conestoga College
- Amanda Kavchak – Director, Marketing & Community Engagement at the Children’s Foundation of Guelph & Wellington
- Sophia Miller – District Vice President at Scotiabank
- Sarah Haanstra – Director of Integrated Programs at Guelph Community Health Centre – Chair
- Scott Barbison – Director, Senior Commercial Markets at RBC Commercial Bank – 1st Vice Chair
- Curtis Tomlinson – Lawyer at SV Law – 2nd Vice Chair
- Kim Aitken – Partner at RLB LLP – Treasurer
- Brandy Douglas – President of CulturedHR – Past Chair
Returning Board Members:
- Matthew Aho – Operations Manager at Linamar
- Jonathan Cohen – President of Benmet Steel & Metal
- Mellissa McDonald – AVP, Government Relations and Community Engagement at the University of Guelph
- Catherine Shearer – Lawyer at McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP
"The Guelph Chamber is a catalyst for business growth, a convener of leaders and influencers who get things done, and a champion for a thriving community. I'm looking forward to working with our Board to deliver on the Chamber's Strategic Plan", says Sarah Haanstra, Board Chair. "The Chamber team is dedicated to ensuring that our members continue to be supported by providing solution-generating conversations, networking, cost-saving programming, and advocacy support.” says Shakiba Shayani, President & CEO of the Guelph Chamber.
The Guelph Chamber would like to recognize outgoing Past Chair, Michele Mactaggart, for her dedication and service to the Board. During her five-year tenure, Michele proved to be a driving force in ensuring the organization’s continued success.
For more information, please contact Shakiba Shayani, President & CEO, Guelph Chamber of Commerce E: firstname.lastname@example.org