Join a Dynamic Board of Directors Making a Difference in the Community
For Immediate Release | Sep 4, 2018
As an organization with a growing membership representing more than 30,000 employees, the Guelph Chamber of Commerce (GCC) has over 188 years of serving the local community. We have been recognized by the Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada (CACC) with its highest level of distinction. This distinction places the Guelph Chamber in an elite group of Chambers of Commerce in Canada that are demonstrating to the business community that our Chamber is run in a manner that reflects national standards of business excellence. The Board of Directors is the governance organ of the Guelph Chamber of Commerce.
There are (4) Vacancies on the Board of Directors.
Directors serve a (2) year term.
Directors will be elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting on November 20, 2018. The nominees receiving the greatest number of votes at the Annual General Meeting shall be elected to the Board.To be eligible to be on the Board of Directors, members must:
- Be a member in good standing;
- Be a person who is over eighteen (18) years of age;
- Not be a person who has been found to be incapable in any court in Canada or elsewhere;
- Not be a person who has the status of bankrupt;
- Not be a person who has been convicted of an indictable offence
To complete your nomination email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Confirmation of your intention to be a nominee for the Board of Directors with a short statement of interest to appear on the ballot (max 100 words)
- Acknowledgment you fulfil the eligibility criteria
- Full name & organization
- A high-resolution jpg headshot
The deadline for applications is Monday October 4, 2018 at 4:30pm.