We're Hiring: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Oct 12, 2021
We're hiring a Marketing & Communications Coordinator!
Click here to read a PDF of the job posting.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, member-driven business association dedicated to advocating, connecting, and convening on behalf of our members. As the voice of business in the Guelph community for over 190 years, we represent over 750 businesses and facilitate conversations, connections, and solutions that strengthen the economic prosperity of our community.
The Position & Ideal Candidate
As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you’ll be an important member of the Engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Operations & Engagement, you’ll work cross-functionally with the Chamber team to enhance member engagement and the member experience through communications and marketing.
You are a creative individual with high attention to detail who will lead the organization’s day-to-day communications and marketing efforts. You’re familiar with creating graphics in Adobe Creative Suite and you’ve got a knack for writing catchy and on-brand content. You enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment where you can problem solve and practice your critical and proactive thinking skills. This role is well suited for a recent graduate or professional looking to grow their career in marketing and communications. This position is a full-time position on a one-year contract, with the possibility for extension.
Ideal start time: November to December 2021
Marketing & Communications
- Design all graphics and marketing collateral for all departments.
- Enhance the membership experience and promote the organization’s activities through marketing and communications.
- Lead the organization’s social media accounts.
- Analyze social media and website performance and provide monthly tracking reports (analytics).
- Coordinate the creation, implementation, and measurement of marketing across all platforms for programs, events, membership, and other activities.
- In coordination with the Engagement team, create monthly content calendar.
- Craft high-quality and engaging messaging and content for all activities (including but not limited to bi-weekly newsletter, media advisories, press releases, advocacy letters, web content, promotional materials, etc.)
- Regularly update the website.
- Lead the organization’s internal and external advertising opportunities including creating and coordinating ads, tracking metrics and campaigns, preparing invoices, etc.
- Work closely with the Engagement team to create marketing plans for each event.
- Collaborate with Engagement team to create event graphics and content.
- Promote all Chamber events on social media.
- Assist Event Coordinator with event functions including but not limited to photography, video, coordination of visual presentations and technology, etc.
- Design all sponsorship packages and create post-sponsorship event reports.
- Assist with sponsorship duties, as required.
- Create and update all membership promotional materials.
- Engage with members online to promote their content and share their stories.
- Engage with the community, members, and non-members online.
- Maintain and update “New Member Welcome” campaign and member anniversaries.
- Promote Cost Saving Programs.
- Build strategic relationships with community partners and members to help grow the organization.
- Assist the team with member engagement.
- Track media mentions of the Chamber and staff online and in media publications.
- Amplify the advocacy and policy work the Chamber does through all platforms.
- Write and edit advocacy letters and articles, as required.
- Attend roundtables, meetings, and advocacy events when required to take minutes and photo-ops.
Operations and Administration
- Assist with implementing the organization’s new strategic plan.
- Perform administrative tasks and execution on organizational programming needs, as required.
- Follow up on Accounts Receivable (AR) as required.
- When required, generate member leads or identify leads for Engagement team.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator and InDesign (required). Premiere Pro and other video editing software considered a strong asset.
- Strong writing and editing skills with superior attention to detail.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication Studies, Business, or a related field.
- Creative thinker who understands brand standards but isn’t afraid to think outside of the box.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think proactively.
- Ability to be a strong team player who can work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and organization.
- Knowledge of digital and print communications and marketing best practices.
- Knowledge and familiarity of social media channels and analytics tools.
- Knowledge of basic website management/maintenance is considered an asset.
- Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
- Must have a valid Ontario’s driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- The Chamber team is currently working remotely during the pandemic. Some in-office support is required of all team members to assist with ongoing programming needs.
- The Chamber’s hours of operation typically take place Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This position sometimes requires work outside of these dates/times to support the organization’s event and programming schedule.
- Mileage will be reimbursed for off-site/non-virtual events at the discretion of your manager.
- Group benefits/insurance is offered after the employee’s probation period.
- Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Friday October 29th.
- While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Interviews will take place virtually over Zoom.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.