We're Hiring: Membership Sales & Engagement Coordinator
Mar 25, 2022
We're hiring a Membership Sales & Engagement Coordinator.
Click here to read a PDF copy of the job posting.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, member-driven business association dedicated to advocating, connecting, and convening on behalf of our members. As the voice of business in the Guelph community for 195 years, we represent over 750 businesses and facilitate conversations, connections, and solutions that enables business success and strengthens the economic prosperity of our community.
The Position & Ideal Candidate
As the Membership Sales & Engagement Coordinator, you’ll be an important member of the Engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Operations & Engagement, you’ll work cross-functionally with the Chamber team to build and retain relationships with member organizations and increase membership sales.
You are an ambitious and energetic individual with excellent communication and presentation skills. You are ready to play a key role in executing the organization’s growth and retention strategies to ensure members enjoy a high-quality customer experience throughout every step of their membership journey. You’re a sales professional with 3 years of experience who thrives in a fast-paced, goal-driven, and solutions-based environment that has defined targets and deadlines. You’re a community-driven individual who is energized by meeting new people, networking, facilitating introductions, and forging strong relationships with members of the community. This is a full-time position.
Detailed Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all membership sales and retention tasks, guided by KPIs and targets.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with members, guided by the organization’s retention strategy.
- Develop and convert leads to new membership sales, guided by the organization’s growth strategy.
- Cleary communicate membership value to current and prospective members through presentations, meetings, phone calls, and sales pitches.
- Maintain regular contact with current and prospective members, guided by the organization’s growth and retention strategies.
- Respond timely to all inquiries.
- Develop ways to improve the member experience and build brand loyalty.
- Work with members and prospective members to understand their business needs, goals, challenges – and assist with solutions where possible.
- Promote and champion all member benefits and identify new member benefits.
- Lead the organization’s Cost Saving Programs and strengthen relationships with Cost Saving Program stakeholders.
- Build strategic relationships with community partners and members to help grow the organization.
Events & Programming
- Attend Chamber events and assist Program & Event Coordinator with event duties as required.
- Attend external community events to strengthen stakeholder relationships and identify new leads.
- Lead the Chamber Plus Networks (CPN) sales and referral group – attending the meetings, performing administrative tasks, identifying new participants, etc.
- Work with the Program & Event Coordinator to identify, source, and secure sponsorships for programs and events.
- Work with Program & Event Coordinator to identify event content and offerings that bring value to members.
Marketing & Communications
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to identify and tell member stories through the organization’s channels and publications.
- Work with the Engagement team in the creation and updating of membership promotional and sales materials.
- Support the “New Member Welcome” campaign and member anniversaries in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to sell advertisements, as required.
Operations and Administration
- Use the organization’s CRM to optimize efficiency and use as a key tool for growth and retention.
- Ensure member profiles are accurate and up to date in the organization’s CRM by frequently making edits, updates, and changes.
- Prepare monthly membership reports.
- Manage member Accounts Receivable (AR) and follow up on outstanding member accounts.
- Assist with implementing the organization’s new strategic plan.
- Perform administrative tasks as it relates to job duties and as required.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience.
- Strong ability to create and maintain relationships to support member engagement, growth, and retention.
- Ability to take ownership in building and maintaining an outgoing prospect pool.
- Respond urgently to incoming opportunities via phone and email.
- Ability to research prospects, align their needs with the organization’s offerings and effectively conduct outreach accordingly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting sales goals, targets, and deadlines.
- Ability to be a champion of the Chamber and clearly articulate offerings.
- Proactive thinker with the ability to have strategic conversations and problem solve.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to create a positive and professional impression.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- A diploma or degree in marketing, sales, business, or relevant work experience.
Extras (Nice to haves, but not required)
- An understanding of Guelph’s business landscape.
- An understanding of public policy and/or the responsibilities of various levels of government.
- Health and Dental Benefits offered.
- Paid vacation.
- Mileage will be reimbursed for off-site events at the discretion of your manager.
- Opportunity to network with thousands of professionals and thought leaders at dozens of events per year.
- Opportunity to get involved and make a positive difference in the Guelph community.
- The Chamber team is currently working remotely and will shift to a hybrid/in-office role in early 2022. In-office support is required of all team members to assist with ongoing programming needs.
- The Chamber’s hours of operation typically take place Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This position sometimes requires work outside of these dates/times to support the organization’s event and programming schedule.
- Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required, as a condition of such offer, to provide proof to the Organization that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization in accordance with the Chamber’s vaccination policy. The Chamber will consider requests for an exemption from this requirement from candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or other grounds on a case-by-case basis.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The job will be posted until the position is filled.
- While we appreciate all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Base salary plus commission.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require accommodations at any point during the application or hiring process, please email email@example.com.