Guelph Chamber Reveals New Board of Directors
Nov 20, 2019
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its incoming 2019-2020 Board of Directors – duly elected at the Chamber’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held Tuesday November 19 at the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre.
The Guelph Chamber’s incoming 2019 - 2020 Board of Directors are:
- Patrick Wieland, RBC – Chair
- Kyle Hampson, Miller Thomson LLP – 1st Vice Chair
- Michele Mactaggart, Bensol Consulting – 2nd Vice Chair
- Kim Aitken, RLB LLP – Treasurer
- Melanie Lang, John F. Wood Centre for Business and Student Enterprise – Past Chair
- Brandy Douglas, CulturedHR
- Dan Lawson, Blount Canada
- Dan Penfold, University of Guelph
- Mark Stoddart, Linamar Corporation
- Kristen Tilley, Simplify Co.
- Sarah Haanstra, Guelph Community Health Centre
- David Halls, Royal Lepage Royal City Realty
“As the leading voice of business in Guelph-Wellington, we are committed to setting a high standard of fostering community prosperity and we’re excited to continue to build a strong community with the support of our new Board, our Members and the Chamber team”, says Melanie Lang, Past Chair of the Board of Directors.
“The Chamber team is excited to have an updated Strategic Plan that will drive our work through 2022,” says Shakiba Shayani, President & CEO of the Guelph Chamber of Commerce. “We look forward to continuing to create value for our members through advocating, connecting and convening to grow Guelph-Wellington’s economic prosperity.”
The Guelph Chamber would like to acknowledge the service of outgoing Past-Chair, Stefan Wiesen, for his dedication to the organization over the years. We would also like to recognize Amy Kendall, who served as Interim President & CEO earlier this year, for her ongoing support to the organization.
To view the Chamber’s new Strategic Plan, please click here.