The Ontario Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Government of Canada, is offering grants of up to $2,400 for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) looking to adopt e-commerce solutions with the Grow Your Business Online grant.
Small business owners can receive this micro-grant to help get their business online, give their e-commerce presence a boost, or digitize business operations. Grant recipients must commit to maintaining their digital adoption strategy for at least six months.
E-commerce advisors will be available to work with grant recipients to help identify their digital needs, provide links to digital resources, help with completing applications, and answering questions on the Grow Your Business Online program.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this funding, small businesses must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit business in Ontario
- Must be a registered or incorporated business
- Must be a consumer-facing business
- Must be able to be accessed by consumers or provide in-person services to consumers
- Must have at least one employee (other than the business owner) OR have had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year
- Must commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada, and having the name of the business published as a recipient of the funding
What expenses are eligible?
- Costs related to the implementation or improvement of their digital e-commerce platform (e.g. new plugins or features such as online reservation/booking tools, online ordering system, electronic payments)
- Costs related to the installation of an e-commerce platform (including subscription fees)
- Social media advertising (when tied to e-commerce)
- Establishing a customer database
- Website Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Hiring a consultant or agency to execute digital marketing initiatives
- Cyber security costs to secure your network and protect the privacy of customer data
- 20% of the costs of hardware and related software purchases which directly support e- commerce implementation up to a maximum of $480
Have more questions? Email email@example.com
Learn more about the Canada Digital Adoption Program here
- Get up to $15,000 to boost your business technology
- Receive a grant to build your digital plan, followed by a 0% loan of up to $100,000 to implement it through BDC